Monday, July 3, 2023

Why did I oppose BJP? Why am I still protesting?

A lot of people have been calling me since the Congress government came to power in the state.

Sir Congress came to power. If you win the lottery,

Sir, what's wrong with you sir, all your problems are solved.. make some money and let it settle..

Why do they all say these words? The answer to this is simple.. I am one of the handful of journalists who opposed the BJP during the last Vidhan Sabha elections. Also, the truth is that I have not criticized the Congress party much, if you look at it, it does not mean that there was nothing to criticize the Congress party.. I did not criticize the Congress party because I believed that BJP is the only way for the social life of this state to go communal and establish religion as absolute. I was also cautious that criticizing the Congress party would benefit the BJP. Also, I did not agree with the way BJP tried to come to power. That's why I used to criticize BJP..

Everyone remembers how the BJP government came to power in the state..17 MLAs were taken to Mumbai to topple the coalition government of Congress and JDS. All of them eventually became popular as Mumbai Friends. Resigning at the hands of these MLAs and making them re-elect in elections and then forming the government was not acceptable to anyone who respects parliamentary democracy. This was a shameful episode that blew away all democratic values.

Look what happened after BJP formed the government in the state.. the minorities of the state were targeted. The Hijab controversy was created, the Azan issue was created. Halal meat was converted into a controversy.. Muslims trading near temples were driven away. An agitation was held to prevent Muslims from doing business near Hindu temples. The governing bodies of several Hindu temples were made to decide that Muslim traders were not allowed there under special circumstances.

In addition to this, the ruler of this country named Tippoo Sultan was targeted.. His public works were hidden and he was promoted as a bigot. An environment was created where the people of this state saw everything in the eyes of communalism.

The BJP also attempted the misadventure of changing the textbooks, adding texts describing the Sangh workers who supported the British and hiding in kitchens as great leaders during the War of Independence. The state government also started the work of changing Karnataka into Uttar Pradesh.. The work of spreading lies as if Uttar Pradesh is a model state of this country was also going on. Karnataka, the land of Basavanna, Sant Shishunala Sharipa, Kuvempu, was beginning to show signs of turning into a bulldozer state..

Godi media was busy praising the BJP party and the government.. Media engaged in praising Modi and Yogi was struggling to create an atmosphere that BJP would come back to power in the state.

At such a time Rahul Gandhi started the Bharat Jodo campaign. Common people of the state marched with Rahul Gandhi. He was laying the foundation for rapport with the common people.. but our media did not give enough publicity to this. Even when Rahul Gandhi was in Karnataka, our media was mesmerized by the live coverage of BJP events. Common people never thought why Rahul Gandhi is coming with him..

I felt that it was the duty of journalists like us to oppose the BJP in such a situation..When all the media were speaking in one voice, I started speaking in a different voice. Then the Bhakta Gana accused me of being a Congress agent.. Those who have made it a tradition to pay money to the media started accusing me that the Congress paid money to me.. But I did what I had to do. I appeal to those who see my news analysis to support me. Many people helped me in their best way.. One hundred two hundred five hundred and so on sent me money. I managed my expenses somehow with this money. Even now, the help of such people has kept me alive.

I am the official contact. Not a relationship. I once met Siddaramaiah as a courtesy during the election campaign. I have not met any other politicians.. I have not met any ministers or other leaders since the Congress government came to power. Because I know that very soon the occasion will come to criticize the Congress party and the government.

No comments:

ಪ್ರತಿ ಪಕ್ಷದ ನಾಯಕನ ಆಯ್ಕೆ ಯಾಕಿಲ್ಲ ? ರಾಜ್ಯ ಬಿಜೆಪಿ ಬಿಕ್ಕಟ್ಟಿನಿಂದ ಕಂಗಾಲಾಗಿದೆಯೆ ಹೈಕಮಾಂಡ್ ? ಪಕ್ಷವನ್ನು ಸೋಲಿಸಿದ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದ ಮೇಲೆಯೇ ಕಡುಕೋಪ ?

ರಾಜ್ಯ ವಿಧಾನ ಮಂಡಲದ ಅಧಿವೇಶನ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭವಾಗಿ ಒಂದು ವಾರವಾಗಿದೆ. ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಸಿದ್ದರಾಮಯ್ಯ ೨೦೨೩ ಮತ್ತು ೨೪ ನೆಯ ಸಾಲಿನ ಮುಂಗಡ ಪತ್ರವನ್ನು ಮಂಡಿಸಿ ಆಗಿದೆ. ಈ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ...